Saturday, September 10, 2011

D&D | Los Angeles: Ben & Bradley of New Era

I have no excuse for not posting lately so lets make this a big one! I am happy to report that I have been on vacation. ALOT of vacation! Things are about to change for me both personally and professionally and in preparation of these small life-changing events I thought it would be nice to take some time off and visit with family and all of my best friends along the west coast! Since July I have gone to Palm Springs, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, and my beautiful hometown of Seattle (I just got back).

This particular post is dedicated to my wonderful and talented friends Ben and Bradley in Los Angeles. Ryan and I recently visited LA to spend time with mutual friends - including Ben and Brad - and we were lucky enough to spend our last night in the city at their beautiful home in Echo Park. I recently wrote about the boutique grocer Cookbook they took us to down the street from their house, which brings me to my subject... their house! We had such a great time with them. Ryan and I felt so special for getting to stay in their incredible home! See what I mean:




The house is half of a small duplex built entirely of 2 foot thick concrete walls, allowing for deep windowsills which the boys have covered in interesting objects and exotic plants potted in a mix of glass containers and assorted ceramics designed by Ben and Brad. The boys run an online store called New Era: a resource for an evolving audience of observers and buyers, working within concepts of nature and science, promoting a tradition of work utility and function.





Inside and out, Ben and Brad's house is full of little treasures... most of which were made by the boys themselves. Whether it's an iron skull, a ball of actual gold, or a sample of bedrock core, you can't wait to see what gem might be tucked away on the back of a bookshelf. It truly was one of the best 24 hours I've had in a long time.

I even had a chance to cook brunch for the boys! We enjoyed Mimosas and a Leek, Asparagus and Golden Cherry Tomato Frittata. Here's Ben helping me in the kitchen and a shot of Brad and Ryan relaxing in their yard. Why can't everyday be like this...



No comments:

Post a Comment