Thursday, June 9, 2011

Drink | Bing Cherry Muddler

A few weeks ago when I started Design & Dishes I was compiling a list of blogs that I love and appreciate. Being a graphic designer I have a large list of design blogs I follow regularly, but getting in to the world of food blogs was relatively new to me. Then along came Sprouted Kitchen, a food blog by the amazingly talented Sara Morris. Sara is a food loving, health craving, veggie fiend, who enjoys the culture of enjoying a meal with friends and family. She's also incredibly sweet and was kind enough to respond to an email I sent her, congratulating her on her success with Sprouted Kitchen. It's one of those blogs that you just can't wait to see what's coming next. I crave her posts!

This beverage comes from Sprouted Kitchen. Click here for the original recipe! Hopefully I did it justice as I was unable to find Rainier cherries. I also think using the basil infused vodka I made last week really added to the overall flavor!

BING CHERRY MUDDLER  |  Recipe inspired by Sara Morris at Sprouted Kitchen

8 Rainier cherries
Few leaves of lemon basil
2 tsp. turbinado sugar
2 oz. vodka
Crushed ice
Sparkling water

1  |  Pit and halve the cherries. Put the cherries, lemon basil and turbinado in a glass (or pitcher if making more than one), and muddle it with a muddling tool, or the bottom of a wooden spoon. Get aggressive, you need to get as much juice out of the cherries as possible.

2  |  Fill a glass with 3/4 full with crushed ice. Add the vodka and muddled cherry mix and fill the rest of the glass with sparkling water.

No comments:

Post a Comment